The rabbit twins have grown much too comfortable in our back garden. We came home recently to find both of them munching on yellow roses in my rose bed. That is the same place the chipmunks stomp around indignantly now, incredulous that yes, “SHE” pulled out every blessed one of the strawberry plants after the squirrels and chipmunks ate them all for the second straight season.
I did and I’m not sorry.
The damnsquirrels, with their aerial maneuvers to suck the bird seed out of the feeders, spilled some seeds onto the ground where a few sprouted where the strawberries used to be.
The birds voted an enthusiastic “AYE!” so I left the plants there.
Flopsie and Mopsie voted “NAY” and, unfortunately for the birds, did so with their teeth.
Since they had already eaten the Asiatic lilies up the stalks as far as they could reach, they went after the sunflower stalks with gusto and left them like this:
Mother Nature, trying to keep everybody happy, is making an attempt to flower one of those stubs. If this bud makes it, this may be the silliest sunflower ever grown.
Speaking of twins, my Brojoe has been sending me some of his nature photos. I love this one of twin baby deer. He says that one of them makes little smacky noises with her lips and the other bleats like a sheep.
I love this photo.
Brojoe does not have fancy cameras, but his pictures are usually very clear. Like this one.
Here’s an exception.
It’s hard to take a clear photo on the run. * * *
Recently I was blog-tagged. Here are my answers.
1. You have magical powers and can go back in time to the concert of your choice. Who is it? I don’t like “loud” so I’d probably go to something like Simon and Garfunkel in Central Park and sit in the shade. Way back.. and I’d take a book. Or maybe I’d take DB to hear Lenny Cohen in London. We’d both enjoy that.
2. You must choose between two candidates to be Ruler of the World. One is a cat. One is a dog. Who do you vote for and why? The dog. Cats don’t give a lick about anybody but themselves; dogs lick everybody.
3. Mountains or beach? Is it January or July?
4. Are you interested at all in the local politics where you live, or do you only pay attention in national elections? I pay attention, I’m a precinct worker– that’s usually a 14-hour day and it’s darned boring if you don’t come in and vote.
5. You have the opportunity to tell off the person you most despise without any repercussions. Do you? Who is it? I’ve never thought in terms of despising anyone, but now that you mention it, sit Dick Cheney across from me for a few hours.
6. Do you have too much stuff or not enough stuff? Too much. Especially around my hips.
7. The house is on fire. What do you grab first (excluding people and pets)? My purse and laptop. I don’t want to have to get another driver’s license. I’ll e-mail to see which friends will take us in.
8. What place in the world would you visit again and again? Any place our kids and grandkids are.
9. Do you ALWAYS answer the phone, or just let it ring? I rarely answer the phone. DB is the answerer-in-charge. He’s better at deflecting solicitation calls nicely.
10. Does your family know about your blog? They know and they don’t give a lick.
Speaking of not giving a lick, I have the feeling that readers feel that way about blogger tag. Feel free to considered yourself tagged if you have an urge to spill your guts, since I’m not tagging anyone.
Not tonight, Deer.